We help you understand how what you eat affects your long-term health, your life, all life and the world. With that foundation of awareness, we help you make the switch to a wholefoods, plant-based diet.
- Step 1 – Get Educated
- What we choose to eat every day matters more than we can imagine. Our food choices have incredibly far reaching and complex consequences. We’ve been wilfully kept in the dark about these consequences by our culture and massive vested financial interests. Yet our lives, the lives of our families and friends and the future of all life on earth depend on us waking up to, seeing and understanding this vast web. Without knowing at least some of the facts, no change is possible. The first step then, is to get educated – which lays the groundwork to…
- Step 2 – Get Inspired!
- Will power doesn’t work, at least not for longer than your last New Year’s Resolution. Lasting change requires why power – powerful, compelling, inspiring reasons that let you know your investment of time and energy will be worthwhile. Building on the foundations laid in Step 1, we work with you to create an alloy of your own personal “whys” and the whys you’ve just begun to become aware of through Step 1 – the impact your seemingly insignificant daily food choices have on everything from your individual long-term health to the world your grandchildren will inherit. With reasons this big and pressing, permanent change becomes entirely realistic. Now you’re ready to learn what these Vegan and Wholefoods, Plant-Based Diet ideas are all about…
- Step 3 – Get Practical!
- You’ve started to learn about the “what”. You’ve started to learn about the “why”. Those are seeds you need to keep nurturing, but now it’s time to get your hands dirty! How do you actually do this? There are psychological and practical challenges to overcome. In Step 3, you’ll learn how to overcome them – it’s easier (and tastier) than you think!
A Circular Process
The 3 steps aren’t intended to be done just once; instead, you pass through them multiple times and with each iteration comes more refinement, more understanding, more inspiration, more health, less weight, less chronic degenerative disease, more results and the happiness that comes from knowing that you are doing the single most powerful thing anyone can to optimize their health and make the world a better place – eat a wholefoods, plant-based diet, in other words: Eat Plants!
Using the general structure above, we’ll work on all aspects of laying the foundations for, transitioning to and sustaining an exclusively plant-based diet comprised of almost all whole natural foods. If you have goals that go beyond simple physical health and want to really live a plant-based or vegan lifestyle, so much the better and you’ll be supported every step of the way.
- How to turbo-charge your motivation to change your way of thinking about food, and as a result, change your food choices, permanently.
- How to lose weight safely and permanently, while simultaneously investing in your long-term health.
- How to eat when you’re hungry until you’re not hungry and feel satisfied after every meal.
- Why counting calories is counter-productive and how to approach “dieting” and weight-loss instead.
- Why some vegetarians and vegans don’t look or feel healthy – common dietary mistakes and how to avoid them.
- The truth about raw food diets.
- All you need to know about protein, calcium and iron.
- All you need to know about vitamin B12, vitamin D, Iodine, and Omega fats.
- “Just to be on the safe side, don’t take your supplements” – and the exceptions to the rule.
- What kind of “vores” humans really are.
- The flawed logic of Paleo diet-thinking and the immense dangers of it and other “low carb” diets.
- What calorie density is and why it matters.
- Why it’s so hard to do the right thing when it comes to food and eating, even when you know what the right thing is.
- How your own evolutionary design is sabotaging your attempts to get and stay healthy, why you can’t trust your instincts with regard to food in the modern world, and how to escape this trap, permanently.
- The truth about health and happiness and what it really takes to earn them.
- The greatest threat to your health in the modern world.
- The disastrous consequences of failing to take action to prevent this threat touching your life or the lives of your loved ones.
- The conventional response to this threat and what’s wrong with it.
- The incredible alternative and a look at the overwhelming evidence for it.
- The Optimum Nutrition Guide – 8 Principles of Food and Health.
- Other factors influencing health and happiness – what Natural Hygiene is and how can we use it to live a long, disease-free life in excellent health far into old age.
- How to cut through the ocean of confusing and conflicting nutrition information so you know, once and for all, how to eat for the rest of your life.
- How to navigate your way through your local grocery store (aka minefield) successfully, every time.
- How to read and interpret those confusing food labels that look like meaningless hieroglyphics.
- How to create a positive feedback loop between your personal health goals and doing good for others and our precious home – Spaceship Earth.
- The Big Picture – the reality of the Great Industrial Food Machine.
- A tailored program for you to reach your health goals and expand your awareness of just how critical your breakfast, lunch and dinner really are.